Hey SEO Brainiacs! Today we will be talking about “Twitter Marketing Essentials” which was originally presented by “Tiphereth Gloria” from Social Media Club Sydney.
- Make sure you use your real name as no one responds to fake accounts – make it as un-spammy as possible.
- Set up your notifications as direct mail so you can respond quicker.
- Be sure to include a URL where needed as this is a good backlink to your site i.e a do-follow link.
- Biography – It’s important to have a bio for your readers or followers.
Important twitter functions
Mentions (@) – When people give you a shout out
Lists – is a way of organizing your followers or the people you follow. Lists are also a good way of getting followers as it shows a potential follower that they are special.
Twitter directories – Add yourself to these directories if you want to be found easier and it is also a good way of finding and engaging any like-minded twitterers you wish to follow or vice versa.
Hash Tags (#) – placing a hash tag before a word hyperlinks the word and turns it into a subject or topic area. A trend happens when people constantly hash tag a particular subject/topic area as this hash tag will appear on the trending section. You can essentially build followers through the subjects people tweet about. By tweeting a trending hash tag, you can essentially increase the chances of your tweet being retweeted if it is share-able.
Advanced search – allows you to find tweeters in a specific location which is great if you are trying to find your local audience for outreach strategies. Another way you can use this function is for keyword research by looking at current trends and what people are searching for. Trendsmap is a useful tool that lets you look at geo-targeted trends.
- In the social sphere, content is king so it’s important to keep tweets relevant and fresh.
- The content you share should be about frequency but do not over-do it so tweet at least once a day.
- Customize your tweets to your target audience as “one size does not fit all”.
- Be sure to mine your lists for valuable data.
Well that concludes this post, next we will be talking about “Building an effective Facebook Ad Campaign & Fan page”. Until next time, this is +Jahn Sapanlay signing out.
- Social Media Marketing Basics (seobrain.com.au)